We have four partners, with a wealth of local knowledge and relevant legal experience
- Colin Liddell – the third generation of his family within the firm, senior partner since 1996 and the first solicitor in Scotland to be accredited as a specialist in Charity Law. Currently, Colin is Chairman of Pitlochry Festival Theatre and Aberfeldy Highland Ball, and a Trustee of a number of other charities including Royal High School Preservation Trust and Dunard Fund. Colin is commentator at the Pitlochry Highland Games and is Patron of the Moulin & Pitlochry History Circle. He enjoys skiing, writing, lecturing and walking the hills. Author of ‘Pitlochry – A History’ (2008). Contributing Author to ‘A Practical Guide to Charity Law in Scotland’ (2016).
- Alan Innes - one of our Partners since joining us in August 2014, after 14 years with an Edinburgh and Fife based legal practice. Alan has a wealth of management knowledge, having led a previous team to the title of Private Client Team of the Year at the Scottish Legal Awards in 2011. He has over 20 years’ experience in general practice, including Wills, Powers of Attorney, Trusts, Capital Tax planning and Property, and has a real passion for the law surrounding 'later life'. Alan is a Trustee of the Abbeyfield Societies in Scotland, the Norah Webber Charitable Trust and Perth College Development Trust (all charities). Alan and his family are easily recognised when walking their two golden retrievers in and around Dunkeld. His interests include sport, reading and film.
- Paul Keith - Paul joined the firm in 2013 as Senior Associate, having previously practiced in Crieff since qualifying as a solicitor in 2006, and became a Partner here in January 2014. He is involved primarily in residential and commercial property transactions, as well as with estates, farms and renewables. Outside of work, when not with his young family, Paul enjoys being involved in the local Highland Perthshire community and is a director of Pitlochry Highland Games (a charity). For relaxation, he can be found chasing a small white ball around the golf course or a small black one around the squash court. Paul provides weekly training to young squash players at the courts in Aberfeldy.
- Sarah Rennie - Sarah joined the firm in 2010 as a Trainee Solicitor, became qualified as a Solicitor and has since been an Associate and Senior Associate. Dealing in a number of aspects of the Law, Sarah is also an integral part of the J. & H. Mitchell Charities Team and has built up a significant portfolio of charity clients and community organisations, providing advice and assistance to them on a wide range of topics, and also providing training to charity trustees on request. Sarah is herself a Trustee of two charities, Birnam Arts and The Pettigrew Charitable Trust. Sarah is very people orientated, thrives of helping others and believes in providing her clients with the highest level of service.
The partners are supported by an enthusiastic legal, accounting and administration team who pride themselves in delivering an excellent customer service, and who look forward to meeting and helping you.
- Lesley Gray – originating from Aberdeenshire, and a partner since 1988, Lesley is particularly involved with Estate Agency, residential and commercial property, providing a comprehensive ‘one-stop’ service to home-owners and property developers in Perthshire and further afield. Lesley enjoys spending much of her spare time playing golf.
- Duncan Thomson - joining the firm in 1996, Duncan became a partner in 1997 having been a partner in a large Edinburgh firm and Legal Adviser to the Scottish Landowners' Federation. Duncan's expertise includes property law, agricultural law, farms, environmental law, nature conservation law, tax planning and trusts. Duncan is an avid cyclist, plays the violin and sails at Loch Tummel.
- Jenny Temblett - Jenny joined the firm in 2015, having previously specialised in Business Law at a large international law firm. Jenny originally qualified as a Solicitor in England before also qualifying in Scotland. Jenny assists with a wide range of legal matters, particularly property transactions and business matters.
Our aims and objectives
- to provide a modern, professional and confidential service of quality for a wide variety of legal and other related issues to the best of our abilities
- to be efficient, easily understandable, caring and friendly at all times
- to be professional and courteous with all those with whom we correspond, negotiate or otherwise deal on your behalf
- to ensure that one of our partners is personally involved (although not necessarily exclusively) in every matter we undertake.